Wednesday, November 28, 2012

18 months!!

I cannot believe that our little Lydia turned 18 months last Friday! It really seems like just yesterday we were waiting for her to arrive and now she is already a whole year and a half old! She is so much fun but also a little bit of a handful. I keep telling Ryan that Jack was not quite as destructive and as "into everything" as she is....Ryan disagrees, he thinks the difference is that we out numbered him and now we are at a even adult/child ratio. Whatever it is, I feel like she has about 300x more energy than both Ryan and I combined :)
Even with all that energy she is a blast. She is such a talker....I made a list of her words for her baby book (since I did for Jack at this age) and I really lost track of how many she is saying. I am over 100 with many 2-3 word phrases. For example, "shh, the baby's sleeping" or "jack, wake up!" She uses a lot of "my" type phrases. Another thing we rarely heard from Jack (if ever!). I think she has to make claim on many of her toys before Jack steals them! She is super silly...making her "cheeseball" face and when you ask her what she is doing she will say--"being sassy!" HA!
This past week she has decided that the highchair is for babies and is eating at the big table with us. She has awesome fine motor skills--using a fork/spoon, drinking from a big girl cup and coloring. She is also a climber--just like her brother. If we turn our back so just a second we will find her on top of the counter, on the kitchen table or standing on one of the stools!
We are so lucky that even though she can be "sassy" and a bit of a dramatic girl (seriously, tempter tantrums with all out rolling on the floor and crying!) she is also the most cuddly and lovey girl ever. She will sit on your lap forever just snuggling and reading a book. She is quick to give a hug or kiss and is really good at saying "sow-we" (sorry) and "I love you." We are so lucky and blessed to have her to love everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment