Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The wedding

This past weekend was a big one! My cousin, Jack's Godfather, Jon Paul, got married! Not only did he get married but, he married his HS sweetheart, Samantha, after being together for 8 years! I have been so excited but was also feeling really old since I babysat Samantha from the time I was 13 until I went to college! I remember babysitter her and her siblings and having Jon Paul come over to play! Crazy how things work out. Anyways, this weekend was lots of fun and full of lots of love.
Jack was asked to be the ringbearer so we spent Friday night at the rehearsal and groom's dinner. Jack did really well at the practice and seemed to have everything figured out :) I was a little nervous as they had 474 people RSVP to the wedding but Jack seemed to be ready. We all had a blast at the groom's dinner and when we left my aunts that night, jack stated that was a great party :) Glad he approved! The morning of the wedding I got Jack in his "sharp suit" as he called it, walked him up to the church and left him there. I figured he would do better without mom and dad there. Luckily Auntie Stephanie was there to take care of him and the flowergirl. According to everyone he did awesome during pictures..so, that worked out in our favor. When it was time to walk down the aisle, I could not see him coming from where I was sitting. I saw the flowergirl and kind of worried that he wasnt coming but here he came, 5 feet behind her. When I asked him after the ceremony why he didnt walk next to Kennedy he stated "they told us to walk slow and she was walking too fast!" What a little ruler follower. He anad Lydia both did awesome during the ceremony. (which lasted almost 2hrs--thats a lot of people to give Communion to!) Jack got to ride in the hummer limo (which he informed Aunt Emily that is has "4 TVs in this thing") and was spoiled all night by the wedding party and family. Both kids had a great time dancing and being loved by family! Jack even enjoyed his first shirley temple (he had 2) and countless cupcakes! :) Luckily Ryan's aunt and uncle picked up the kids at 9 so mom and dad could have some fun! All in all it was an awesome weekend!

These were once in order!


Checking out the cake

So proud

Cheese


Lydia dancing with cousin Andrew

Jack and Jon Paul dancing

Dancing with Aunt Emily
Cousin Maria helping Jack win candy

Close buddy cousin Andrew
Auntie Emily


one of many attempts at a family picture




in the limo

uncle adam

Cheers with Maria

Jack started the "clinking" a few times


Eating his 2nd cupcake of the night-Notice the milk in th wine glass

great grandma lange

Lydia trying to get in on the mother/son dance

No comments:

Post a Comment