Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Disney World 2014

Back when we went to Disney World in 2012, my parents decided that they wanted to go back again. During our visit in 2012, they kept making comments about "when we come in 2014." Both Ryan and I laughed about it--first thinking, "2014 is really far away" and second, "they are crazy!!" I dont think either of us realized until we got home from that trip home much fun we really had being with family and our kids at the "happiest place on earth." So, this past summer when my parents mentioned going we both agreed that we wanted to go again....and the planning began :) Back in Sept when we had decided on dates, my one sister and her husband had expressed interest in going...then my other sister and her boyfriend decided to go. So, we got to spend an awesome week with most of my family....we really missed my brother and his family but being that baby Elise was only a month old we understood :)
Our first day was of course a day of travel. We were lucky to have planned to be on the same flight as Emily and Jason. (and once we got to the gate we realized that my parents, Stephanie and Mitchell were also on our flight.) Our morning started super early...300 folks....due to bad weather. Luckily Ryan is a great driver and got us down to my sisters and to the airport with no problems. I am sure he was wishing he had something stronger to drink after driving in a blizzard but we made it. The kids were awesome in the morning. Both very awake and VERY excited. Luckily they fell asleep for about an hour of the drive. Jack was very excited to be taking the light rail from one terminal of the airport to another. The rest of us, not so much as it was FREEZING and SNOWING :) After a little mishap at security--someone in our group left their boarding pass on the counter at the delta check in (I wont name names but lets just say his name starts with a R :)-Our flight was on time and we were able to board the plane BUT then we sat on the runway for 1.5hrs waiting to get de-iced...Thank goodness for an ipad and leap pads that they got for Christmas!! Once we finally got in the air the flight went fine. Surprising to us neither kiddo fell asleep. When we arrived baggage claim was crazy since there were so many flights arriving at once (p.s. i have traveled quite a bit and i have decided that the Orlando airport is one of the worse airports around! MSP--SO MUCH better--they even have a line specifically for families to go through security) My poor mom's luggage was missing so we left with Emily and Jason to get the rental mini-van (Ryans fav part of the trip) and head to the resort to try to get a nap in for the kids. Luckily they were able to locate my mom's luggage and we all had a very late lunch at the resort. Jack and Lydia went swimming with their awesome aunts and uncles while Ryan and I ran to get groceries. The kids took a bath and were in bed by 7.........Mom and dad followed not much later :)

The view from our balcony--we shared a two bedroom with my parents--you could see Epcot from my sisters' room



We're here!

No comments:

Post a Comment